Sunday, June 9, 2013

Day Two

What happened last night...

So last night, we met with some of Alex's family who were staying in Gatlinburg to eat dinner. I was under the impression that we were going out to eat, hence my planning of having a big salad wherever we went. However, that was not the case. Alex's lovely family cooked us a nice meal at their cabin. Chicken enchiladas, rice, corn muffins and brownies.

So what did I do?

I was faced with a dilemma. I was not going to be that girl - the one who picks and fusses what was cooked for her because she is one some "diet". Also, I wasn't going to sit and go hungry after they went through so much trouble for us. So, I ate what was given to me, just very small portions. Even half a brownie.

I don't feel guilty. I've been on "diets" before when I've been plagued with guilt when I do something wrong. I refuse for this to be like that. I have to make allowances for special circumstances. That's life!

Today's Food

We were up way too late last night. We slept until well after noon! So don't be alarmed as my meal times seem a little off.

2pm - large omelet stuffed with veggies and a little cheese. generous amounts of coffee.

4pm - snack of almonds and raisins

6pm - pan seared new york strip, asparagus, brown rice

been drinking coffee, water and iced unsweetened passion tea

No comments:

Post a Comment