Saturday, June 8, 2013

Day One - great things can happen from small beginnings

Phase one of the diet will be:

Six weeks (until my birthday weekend, holla!)

This will be the initial phase of weaning my body from it's dependence on sugar/carbohydrates. Some sugar and carbs are necessary, therefore I am not completely phasing them out, but being very strict on what and when I eat them. In six weeks I'll review and see if I need any changes and if I can be less strict or step it up and be more strict (after my birthday of course!)

I will not be eating any sweets, desserts or sweet drinks (including beer and wine) during this time. The only "sweet" thing I am allowing is fruit, but only when eaten with a protein. Bread, pasta and other starchy foods will be greatly limited and only eaten in appropriate proportions with protein and fiber.


So what I am hoping to accomplish during these six weeks?

First, I'd like to see my hormone levels regulate themselves to a point where I am menstruation/ovulating cyclically as I should. Six weeks should give my body enough time to go through one to two cycles and I am trusting that I will ovulate at least once.

Secondly, I'm hoping that the hypoglycemic episodes will subside. I'd like to make it through a shift at work without my blood sugar hitting the floor and going through that "I need something with sugar in my body now!" mode.

Thirdly, I would like to see some weight reduction. Weight loss is not nor will ever be the focus of this plan, however, it is a secondary objective. PCOS makes it almost impossible to lose weight in conventional calorie counting, fat gram watching ways. However, low-glycemic diets have been wildly successful in controlling weight with PCOS and I am confident I will see the same results. I will only weigh weekly, and measure my health by other factors primarily.

Today's Food
italicized meals are planned future meals 

5am - sausage, eggs, orange juice, plain latte with whole milk
9:30am - almonds, dried mangos, fruit smoothie with added protein and fiber
(about 26 ounces of water from 5am - 12pm)
1pm - whole wheat pita, cheddar cheese, tuna salad, carrots with hummus, water, coffee
3pm - veggies with hummus, water
5pm (?) - dinner out with family. planning on a large salad, water

Fitness
lol. too tired and sore from work to think about it now, but I might do something later.

No comments:

Post a Comment