Sunday, February 2, 2014

Maple Syrup vs. Honey

Today, I made one of the most amazing smoothies EVER. I was craving something chocolately and desserty so I decided to whip up something healthy to curb that craving!

I used:

2 tsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp maple syrup (REAL maple syrup, not the Aunt Jemima fake stuff)
1 banana
2 tbs peanut butter
2/3 cup ice

and blended. It tasted almost just like a milkshake!

And that brings me to the main point of this post.. which tastes better in recipes when substituting, honey or maple syrup?

And this is just my personal preference that has developed with trial and error.

I find that if I am baking something that has a lot of ingredients (like butter and milk) that complement honey, I'll usually do that. But, if I am sweetening coffee or a smoothie and don't want that distinct honey taste I'll use maple syrup! So if you want my opinion, now you know!

Well, I've lost over 8 pounds now, which is great. What I'm really digging, though, is how much stronger and more energetic I feel. I have fallen in love with yoga and am gaining so much strength in my upper body. The cardio is going well, too, and my endurance is building!

I haven't started tracking anything PCOS specific until I see whether or not I'm going to start a period, but I am optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment